Thursday, April 28, 2011

Swallow sadness....like a boss!

The end of this semester is really starting to suck. But I just re-found this picture, and it cheered me up a bit.Speaking of Starbucks, Sam (Gordon's girlfriend) wants to go there with me :) It will be fun, and I need a good ol' coffee date with a new face. Especially after this week.

Things that made this week suck:
1. Michael Krasnor left this afternoon. He's transferring to Annapolis, the naval academy. I only really started hanging out with him this year, mostly this semester, and he already means a lot to me. It was really lame because I actually teared up the day that we ate our last lunch together. I felt depressed and just down that afternoon. I know, I'm lame, but my friends mean a lot to me, and I had been dreading that day for months. I won't go on and on, but I'm just going to miss him a lot, all of the silly things that revolve around him, and his caring personality.


I didn't have a picture with him, so he told me to photoshop one. I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not, so I did it anyway. Not creepy.

2. I completely bombed my math test. I was hoping to get a better GPA this semester, and it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm hoping my teacher will give me a chance for extra credit. That would be nice.

3. I didn't get to see my Lincoln Way kid on our final day. He's ALWAYS there, and yesterday he wasn't. I was a little sad.

Things that made this week bearable:
1. The Showcase was AWESOME! Everything went well, even though it was a little bit stressful, we achieved all of our goals and everyone who came loved it!

2. Super duper job security. Victoria's Secret called me yesterday to ask if I was coming back this summer. Hell yes I am! So now I'll have 30 hours a week babysitting, plus whatever I get at VS. I'm glad that I'll actually have a good income this summer.

3. Let's Dance got an offer from a middle school phys ed. teacher to go and teach her students to swing dance. It's really good for us, the school, and it will be a new experience. I'm really excited to do it.

4. No classes today. Royal wedding. Period.

5. Added 4/30- John McGovern surprised us by coming to visit this weekend! My week has improved by 12 million.

Hopefully I'll start getting more positive again. Even though all of these good things are happening, my mind is just being blue. It's time to actually get my homework going. It's final project time. Hooray. Not.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo... five positives. Three negatives. Not a bad percentage.

    ReplyDelete