Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm starting to get bad at this!

I guess it's about time I blogged again.

My life hasn't been too entirely exciting. Jr. IS is catching up to me. It's becoming more and more real, and I'm realizing how kind of unprepared I am. My absolute final topic is "Characteristics of English narratives produced by Spanish/English Bilingual Children." I'm really excited to get working on it, and so is my adviser, since she's bilingual in Spanish :)

My clinic client is a little Korean boy. We're working on his "s" sound. He's a pistol and really sassy, which is good because I like a little bit of personality in a kid. Plus, I can throw the sassy right back :)

Oh yeah, I turned 20 this month. It's so weird. I feel more grown up...ish. I'm also spending more time partying too. It's actually a lot of fun. I don't know why I never went out and socialized this much the past two years. I have a lot of fun hanging out at "Slavery" house, where John McGovern lives. The guys there are really fun!

As far as things go, Gordon and I have fallen into quite the awesome friendship. He and I are very compatible, personality-wise, and it's just great. Katie says that we're confusing people (they think we are/will get back together), but we're just close. I think we're starting to really find our niche with each other, and it's flowing out quite well. Today's his birthday, but I haven't seen him yet.

This past weekend, Wooster was the guest band at the Parma High Band Spectacular. Aka all of my school peeps got to see me doing what I do with my adult life. It was really cool to have so many old teachers compliment us. This led to me staying at home and going to the Bohemian! I was so in need of swing dancing, you don't even know. It was a great relief, and I got in some pretty good dances (even if I was aching). Nick and I were very sad that there was no blues late night. I'm due for a good night of blues. But this will be remedied soon because The Let's Dance Society is hosting "Blues/Tango Fusion" lessons! We're really excited. Hopefully the teacher will e-mail me back soon. We're hoping to start this Saturday! I just want to bluuuuuuuuuues!

Today we went to the Indian's game :) It was fun. We won, and I had some of my favorite people with me. Oh, and Andrew was raped by Ketchup!

I'm still swinging the single life, very well I think. I also feel like some people are thinking things of me that are untrue. I won't talk about them, but it's just kind of bugging me. I hope it blows over.

I should probably blog more often. I feel like I'm leaving a lot of stuff out. I'll try to get back in the groove. My window in front of my desk just rattled and scared the crap out of me. It needs to stop. Time to get back to working on my JR. IS. I need to really put some effort into my work if I'm going to get my GPA up!

No comments:

Post a Comment