Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's been far too long

It has been far too long since I've blogged. I'm in the middle of my second week of classes this school year. I'm pretty happy with all of my classes. The Spanish one is going to be difficult, but hey, I need it! I also got my client for clinic. He's a little Asian boy, yay! Everything with Gordon is going very well. We've had a couple of ups and downs, but everything has basically settled itself to where it will probably be for the rest of our friendship. My housemates are pretty great, floormates are even better. We really click on this floor, it's pretty great. I'm a little sad though, because there's a teeny sense of division between the floors. Upstairs doesn't really come to visit downstairs. I try to go up there a few times a day, but I just run into people playing video games, and it's not really inviting. There have been a few get-togethers and parties lately, so that's always good. I've been eating horribly since I got here, and I need to slow it down. I need to eat healthier and maybe try to start working out. Geez there's so much to talk about! I need to get back into the flow of updating.

Let's Dance is starting up again this week. I'm really excited. I feel like this year is going to be a great one. I'm trying to go to a lindy exchange, but I'm not quite sure if it's going to work out.

As far as boys go, I'm trying to slow it down. I found myself wanting to find someone, but then realized how good it felt to be single. I've had a couple of kisses with this guy Chris, and he seems really into me, but I don't know what I want yet. He's really sweet and funny, but there are many other guys out there that have potential, and I kind of want to give them a chance too. Adam beat me at a game of memory last night. It was really fun. I hope he and I get to hang out a lot more this year. There's also this guy Tristan from Dayton. He's really cute and a spectacular dancer, but I probably won't see him for a while, so that is just a dream haha.

I'm going to try to get my GPA up nice and high this year! I'm finally figuring out my study strategies, as well as my learning strategies. Hopefully everything works out.

I thought I had more to say, but it's late and I have a paper to finish. I'll probably update a bit more later on this week.

Junior IS is starting to scare me, but I think I have a topic. It's "Bilingual children's reading proficiencies based on the language of the text" (in this case, Spanish and English). It should be interesting.

Next time: Neighbors, named inanimate objects in the house.

3 comments:

  1. Which Spanish class are you in?

    The house division thing seems kinda normal. It felt that way a little bit when I was living in the Gallows.

    Junior I.S. seems scary on this side of it, but it's really not that bad! And if I can write one while studying abroad, you can certainly write one while in the US with access to wonderful, American libraries. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Feminine Spanish Literature. The problem with it is that I'm able to understand everything that is said, but my vocabulary is a bit smaller than the rest of the class, so my input is minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds difficult, but interesting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete