Thursday, November 4, 2010

Picking up the slack

Wow, I haven't written in a month! A lot has gone on, and a lot hasn't gone on. I have to leave in a half hour, so I'll try to make this quick, while remembering everything.

As of late, the school year has been dragging me down a little bit. My Jr. IS isn't really going as well as I thought it would. I can't find a pool of kids to study. I'm going to try to find some at the local church today or tomorrow. I also need to design my analysis methods. I have an 8-10 page Spanish research paper due at the end of the month. I'm not too excited about it, but the poet I chose (Delmira Agustini) is really good. I'm a little discouraged by my lack of fluency/research skills, but hopefully I'll get through it. I think I'm supposed to have more done on it than I currently do. I'll work on it tomorrow because all of my classes are cancelled :)

The ASHA Convention is coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not too excited about it. I'm going to miss 3 days of classes, and I'm just going to be doing homework like a mother. I'm also going to be working alone on Friday, since the other two girls are scheduled to work Saturday. Lame. I'm going to miss the Flash Mob in Cleveland, a possible rave at my house, and I'm going to be getting back just in time for our last session of blango. I'm going to be so tired. The things we do for advancement in our careers.

As far as personal relationships go, Gordon and I have a really good understanding of each other, and we're still able to talk really well, which makes me happy. On the other hand, I think Katie is starting to grow sick of me or something. It's making me sad. The other day she brought up how we don't have any real thing in common. I guess opposites attract, but it was a bit discouraging. She's also been pointing out all of the things that she doesn't like about me, or just ragging on me. I want to talk about it with her, but I'm afraid to, and I don't know why.

Swing has been going pretty well. I had some encounters (we'll keep it at that) with a swing friend, haha. Strengthening our inter-swing relationships I guess. We've been doing a lot of travelling to different swing/dancing events, and really spending our money. We had Matt and Jen come teach us a crash course of lindy hop, which went swimmingly. This weekend we're hosting Blues/Tango fusion with Heriberto Perez! I'm really excited, I hope we have a great turn out. Saturday we're going to BW for their Lindy Bombers workshop. I'm really pumped for that too, but we have to miss the first half because of the dumb football game.

My Lincoln Way Reads kid has gotten kind of discouraged with reading. I keep trying to help him want to do it. He keeps wanting to quit. But, because of clinic, I have experience with that, so I'm going to make him flashcards of his sight words that he needs to know. He'll be a much more fluent reader once he gets them all down. Clinic has been going pretty well. We're working on /s/ in syllables. He's having trouble producing the /s/ when his mouth is slightly open, so it's becoming difficult.

I'm really trying to enhance my study habits, and just do well. I'm starting to realize that I need to get my grades up for grad school. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'd better do it fast.

The lack of 3 flights of stairs to climb has really gotten to me. I know, I know "Katie if you think you're fat, just go work out." I don't think I'm fat, just a little flabby. Therefore, I'm not so insecure about myself that I feel I need to go work out every day or whatever. I just go when Gordon does, after Lincoln Way. I think us girls are going to try Zumba this weekend though.

We're also going to have a girls day at Cutters Hair Salon, where they'll do our makeup for free :)

I want a kitten for Stadium House. Like really badly. I'm craving some kitty.

I miss purrs and cuddles and silly playfulness....

Oh, I missed a family vacation. Kelley missed it too, but apparently is was the most fun yet. I'm a little sad, and I wish they could have planned it during a break.

That's about all for now, per usual, I'll update if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment